[Rawstudio-users] EXIF on PNG

Klaus Post klauspost at gmail.com
Fri Jan 21 14:23:48 CET 2011

Hi!

On Sat, Jan 15, 2011 at 02:57, David Vincent-Jones <davidvj at frontier.com>wrote:

> Klaus;
>
> I am happy to work with any consistent meta-data format that works and
> is practical. If XMP delivers the goods, that's great.
>
> Viewed on Digikam:
> PNG XMP meta-data looks fine except that we are missing tag/title
> information.
>
> TIFF files look very bare in the meta-data area (no tags also) and are
> still unfortunately being written as 'tif' ... thus showing-up as RAW if
> the file is reloaded.

If your libexiv2 version is below version 0.20.0, EXIF is not added to them,
because the library will corrupt the images when they do. When I get home, I
will see if it is possible to safely add XMP data to the TIFF files.

JPG is fine in all respects except that I am not so gung-ho on the 8 bit
> lossy format.
>
> David

Regards, Klaus Post

http://www.klauspost.com