[Rawstudio-users] Exif info from RAW files

Anders Kvist akv at lnxbx.dk
Fri Jan 5 13:02:54 CET 2007

On Fri, Jan 05, 2007 at 12:17:56PM +0100, Quim Rovira wrote:
> I would like to know if the exif info from raw files is supposed to be
> kept on generated jpg images.. I say so, because I can display all the
> exif info from a .kdc file using exifprobe tool, but this info is not
> kept on generated .jpg (mainly interested on date, time, exposure and
> such).

No, we don't save any exif info in the exported images. This will
probably be added later, but at the moment, we can only recommend
Exiftool (http://www.sno.phy.queensu.ca/~phil/exiftool/) to copy exif
from the rawfile to the finished jpeg.

> Btw, I've got a Kodak ES P-850, and .KDC files can be perfectly read
> as RAW, but it would be nice to add an extra line on rawstudio.c:108
> to avoid having to rename them.

Please send us a few raw files from your camera. When we've verified it, we'll add the
extension to trunk and will be available in the next release.

ftp://rawstudio.org/incoming-raws/ - please upload af few files here :)

--

Best Regards/Venlig Hilsen
Anders Kvist <akv at lnxbx.dk>