[Rawstudio-dev] Crash reports from Fedora

Gianluca Sforna giallu at gmail.com
Sun Jul 11 16:44:46 CEST 2010

Hi all,
I'd like some advice about how to proceed with maintenance of the
rawstudio package in the Fedora repositories.

Basically, I have a few bug reports in bugzilla [1] coming the from
the automatic crash reporting tool Fedora introduced in the
distribution. Historically, crashes were easily detected and fixed in
the next release so I had not to worry much about them.

However, given the longer development cycle for 2.0 they are piling up
and I'd like to hear what do you suggest me to do about them.

I think I could forward them to the rawstudio's bugzilla, but given
they refer to the 1.2 version I'm not sure you can really benefit from
them.

One better option could be to package a snapshot of the current code
and make an update with it; that way, you would get at least _current_
crash reports and could use them better, but I don't know if the
current status of the code is good enough for widespread use.

Any hint is appreciated

Cheers

G.

[1] http://bugz.fedoraproject.org/rawstudio