[Rawstudio-dev] Documentation

Klaus Post klauspost at gmail.com
Sat Jan 2 16:52:37 CET 2010

Hi!

Looks very good. Precise and to the point, and well illustrated!

I plan to give a detailed feedback, but here are some main points:

* Raw Image Files

Very nice, I don't feel that the average user needs much more
information on Raw Image files.
The main selling point for many people is the ability to change White
Balance without serious image degradation, which is something only RAW
is capable of.

* Getting Started

Even though it is quite a technical issue, I feel there should be a
section about "Color Profiles" somewhere around here. It is absolutely
essential that the users knows a tiny bit about that. However starting
from v2.0, there should hopefully be some very baasic profiles
included with RawStudio.

* Prioritising and Sorting

Very good. You might want to add that you move a picture from deletion
by assigning a priority (1,2,3) - something that may not be instantly
obvious to a new user.

*Image Adjustments and Corrections

Two examples to each control would make it much clearer what they are about.

* Contrast
Seem to have the content of "Sharpen".

Very well written! If it was updated for v2.0, it could be very good
to make it available for the users, since it covers the basics very
well. It would of course have to be updated with the new features.

Regards, Klaus Post

http://www.klauspost.com