[Rawstudio-dev] Rawstudio start-up slow on AFS

Martin Christensen martin.sand.christensen at gmail.com
Wed Oct 29 14:57:14 CET 2008

>>>>> "Anders" == Anders Brander <anders at brander.dk> writes:
Anders> RSDirSelector is not very efficient. We can do something about
Anders> that - and we can background the population of the tree, to
Anders> avoid blocking the UI.

Backgrounding it would be acceptable, I should think, at least as a
temporary solution.

Anders> We could try to avoid AFS-filesystems - but i don't believe much
Anders> in hacking around these corner-cases.

I definitely agree. Special cases aren't. :-)

Anders> For a quick fix, one could use rs_dir_selector_set_root() to set
Anders> another root than "/". It's not very tested, but maybe it will
Anders> work as expected :)

It could be made a user setting.

Martin