[Rawstudio-dev] Sharpen take 1

Martin Egger martin.egger at gmx.net
Tue Dec 11 20:24:35 CET 2007

>> - Color noise is sharpened too much with a sharpening setting of 3+ for ISO100 or 2+ for ISO1600. Maybe some more selectable parameters are needed here (like radius and threshold in USM)? Or include some logic with modifies such parameters based on the ISO?
>>

> We need to find the magic way to do this. I'm looking at some denoising
> to be run before sharpening, maybe this will help. Any ideas are welcome :)

I think, denoising and sharpening should be independent of each other and
user-selectable, so denoising an image by default when sharpen it, might not be
the best idea? Using standard USM parameters might be more transparent to the
user. Or have a table with different USM parameters for different ISO settings
within the program logic - but I don't know if you did implement USM code.

Martin