[Rawstudio-dev] Auto white/black point

Anders Kvist anders at kvistmail.dk
Mon Aug 20 02:05:47 CEST 2007

Martin Egger wrote:
> Hi
>
> In general the images processed with the new option look quite good. Thanks! I
> think that the value for WP is a bit too high - burned highlights are probably
> even worse than underexposed pixels.

After a lot more testing i can only agree with you...i'll try to find a
smaller threshold for WP.
> On the other hand, I am not really sure that having a combined 'Auto BP/WP' is
> the right thing. May be seperate options for 'Auto WP or Auto Exposure' and
> 'Auto BP or Auto Contrast' would be better. This would also simplify the naming.
> And you might think about offering the user some keyboard shortcuts or buttons
> to do this - I am no really fond of context menus when working on large numbers
> of images.

I'm kinda glad about the BP and WP names, cause i think that if we go to
"auto exposure" and "auto contrast", it shouldn't be in curves but on
the sliders instead... I myself, never used curves before, but after all
the curves development, i never use the sliders anymore, curves are
EVERYTHING! :)

I've made a shortcut for myself during testing, as soon as we have some
final here, i'll commit one or two shortcuts for this :)
> Just my 10 cents ...

Thanks :)

/Anders